Fast, Efficient, and Simple 4 Types of Modern Cosmetic Dental Procedures
A dazzling smile adds aesthetic value to one’s personality. Not all of us are blessed with the perfect 1000-volt smile. Some people have discolored teeth. Others have misaligned, crooked or crowded teeth. All of these impairments are impediments to having the perfect smile.
In order to fix these impairments, many people go through some corrective procedures. The branch of dentistry that deals with these corrective procedures is called cosmetic dentistry. It provides a smile makeover to people and improves the appearance of their smiles. People feel more confident and comfortable when they can easily flash a beautiful smile.
Cosmetic dental procedures involve some easy, fast, and efficient procedures to fix the dental impairments. Listed below are the four most commonly applied dental procedures and their benefits:
- Teeth whitening is an easy way to brighten up your smile by a few notches and fix any discoloration problems. This process can be performed at the dentist’s office or at home as well. Teeth that may have gone black due to smoking, plaque, or tartar can be restored to its natural color through the application of teeth whitening gel.
People who have naturally yellow teeth can lighten their teeth a few shades through teeth whitening procedures. Teeth whitening does not require a long-term commitment or frequent dental visits. It is a simple procedure that does not require much time and gives instantaneous results.
Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
- This procedure is used to repair a tooth that has been broken, chipped off, decayed, or damaged due to cavities or accidental breakage. Dental bonding involves the use of a plastic-like sticky resin. It is applied over the holes left by cavities or gap between teeth etc. The resin is sculpted to resemble the right shape. The material from which the resin is made of resembles the color of the tooth’s enamel.
After the resin is fixed onto the tooth, high-intensity laser light is applied over it. It hardens the resin and fixes it to the existing tooth material. Tooth bonding not only improves the appearance of the decayed teeth it also helps in the smooth functioning of teeth. It is a better substitute for silver fillings. The process takes 30-60 minutes. On average it costs between $100 – $400 per tooth.
Inlays and Onlays
- These are indirect fillings that are made of composite resin material, gold, or porcelain. They are prepared in the laboratory according to the size of the tooth. Inlays and Onlays act as a filling material for damaged and decayed teeth. They are bonded into the holes and gaps.
The difference between inlays and Onlays lies in their intended use. The filling material is termed an inlay when it is bonded in the center of the tooth and is placed directly onto the tooth’s surface. Inlays cover only small gaps of the tooth.
- An onlay is used when more than half of the tooth has been damaged. An onlay is placed over the entire surface of the tooth. An onlay covers the biting surface of the tooth as well if it has been damaged.
Inlays and Onlays can cost $650 to $1200 per tooth.
- This process involves the use of a pumice stone to remove discoloration and stains from the teeth. The pumice is fit in a micro-abrasion machine for it to work. The grinding action removes stains left by tobacco products, soda, coffee, or wine. This process works best for similar external stains.
In order to opt for any of the procedures listed above, you need to consult an experienced dentist. Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry is a renowned dental clinic located in Westmont, IL. It offers affordable and top-notch services for cosmetic dentistry.