Here is some information you need to understand about teeth whitening.
At Celebrity Smiles, Westmont, we believe it is important to educate people about the rewards and consequences of teeth whitening. Whether you opt for professional teeth whitening or at home, it is a double-edged sword if you are not careful.
At Celebrity Smiles, we have mixed the best technology with high-end skills of our dentists to give you the safest and most dramatic and long-lasting results with our deep whitening system. We believe every teeth requires a different treatment, so we have different treatments available.
But before you opt for this treatment, here are some things you need to know.
Teeth Whitening at Home Can Increase Tooth Sensitivity
- We all crave immediate gratification. This leads to trying at-home quick teeth whitening products. Although these treatments may provide sparkle to your teeth, they are not recommended because they can cause increased teeth sensitivity.
Opt for gradual teeth whitening by either using fluoride toothpaste or by regularly visiting a dentist for gradual treatment. The quicker the process, the more chances of getting sensitivity.
Diet Changes are Necessary
- There are certain foods and beverages that can stain your teeth quite quickly. For example, if you drink tea or coffee, or you smoke, your teeth may become discolored faster. If you want to obtain a pearly white smile, avoid these as much as you can.
You’ll have to do the same if you are under a professional teeth whitening treatment. For as long as the treatment undergoes, you’ll want to avoid these. Instead, opt for foods like seeds, strawberries, nuts and cauliflower which may help speed up the process.
Whitening Toothpaste Don’t Really Do Anything
- As much as we are attracted by teeth whitening toothpaste, these offer only a temporary fix and never live up to the promises made on the pack. Some of these kinds of toothpaste have whitening solutions in them that may offer quick results, but in return, they increase teeth sensitivity and are temporary.
We recommend opting for professional teeth whitening treatment at a dentist’s office instead of over-the-counter whitening products for long-lasting and safe results.
You Can’t Whiten Fake Teeth
- If you have veneers, fillings, or crowns, you won’t be able to whiten them at home or at a dentist. The only way to get them to sparkle and match with other teeth is to replace them. If you choose to replace your veneers, crowns, or fillings, you’ll have to wait at least 10 days after the bleaching to achieve the desired results.
Talk to your dentist to learn more about how the treatment differs.
Some Stains Can Take An Effort To Remove
- If your teeth were ever exposed to fluoride when you were younger than 8 years old, you may have a condition called fluorosis. This can be recognized by the white spots or fine white lines on the surface of your teeth.
While these are usually white in color, they are still stains and are very difficult to remove. You may have to undergo multiple treatments to achieve an even look.
At Celebrity Smiles, we have three different methods for teeth whitening which are guaranteed to help you achieve a crystal clear smile. Talk to us today to learn about which treatment is best for your case.