Losing your permanent tooth can be quite a traumatic experience that can have a significant impact on your quality of life and self-esteem. However, you can fix this by getting a dental implant in Westmont.
Celebrity Smiles, a top dentist in Westmont can make your life ideal once again with a dental implant. Since implants work exactly like a real tooth, they will give you back your self-esteem, confidence, and pristine smile.
However, dental implants require regular oral care just like your real teeth. Here’s what you can expect after the procedure.
- Just as you would brush your teeth daily, you will have to brush the dental implant twice a day along with flossing. It is the only way to keep it healthy and prolong its life.
You are free to use normal or electric brushing for cleaning purposes. Dentists recommend investing in an electronic brush because it provides much more thorough cleaning compared to a regular brush. It can also provide care in hard to reach places.
- You will have to provide proper cleaning to your implants. This includes brushing along the gum lines to make sure that the area is free from infection and bacteria. You will also have to floss regularly especially if you have a fixed implant.
If you are unsure of how to clean a dental implant, don’t be afraid to talk to your dentist.
Make Use of Floss Threaders
- Floss threaders are a great way to keep your dental implants clean. These are able to reach in and around your implant and are significantly helpful in reaching hard to reach places.
There are many dental implant types available such as foam coatings, implants, and prosthetics. Talk to your dentist today to learn more about the types of implants available.
Experiment With Other Brushing Styles
- There are many other ways you can brush your teeth. There is a small dental brush known as a proxy brush that is created to clean between your teeth. It should easily replace a typical brush and flossing.
Using a proxy brush reduces the time and effort it takes to properly clean your teeth and implants. So make sure you experiment with it and find out if it is a better solution for you.
- There are several different kinds of toothpaste available today. While most kinds of toothpaste are made with fluoride, some have more ingredients that are specifically added to help with implant cleaning.
These kinds of toothpaste are not intended to replace your daily toothpaste option, however, they will help you clean hard to reach areas.
Use Mouthwash Regularly
- In addition to brushing and flossing, you will have to use mouthwash at least once a day. This not only gives you fresh breath but can also keep bacteria away from your mouth. Try to find a mouthwash that doesn’t contain alcohol in it because alcohol can dry your mouth.
Regular Visits to the Dentist
After an implant procedure, you’ll still have to visit your dentist regularly for routine checkups and cleanings. This will ensure that your implants are in perfect health. Book your appointment today to learn more about your options.