One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry options available at Celebrity Smiles, Westmont, is porcelain veneers. These are wafer-thin shells that are put over real teeth to cover any cosmetic imperfections a patient might have, and they provide a high rate of satisfaction for the individual.
However, a lot of people ask us if these are permanent. For a very short and quick answer – porcelain veneers are not permanent, but they are extremely long-lasting for those who take good care of their teeth and oral health.
If you love to flaunt a beautiful Hollywood-like smile, porcelain veneers can help you achieve that. Talk to Celebrity Smiles today and learn your options.
Porcelain Veneers Are Very Long Lasting
- Although this treatment is not considered permanent and might need replacement somewhere down the road – the good news is that porcelain veneers can last a few decades as long as you take good care of them.
Believe it or not, some patients don’t even find it necessary to replace them.
- But you have to be aware that this treatment is irreversible. In other words, they will cover your natural teeth and the teeth will be required to be filed down in order to make room in your mouth for the treatment. Once the enamel of the teeth is filed down, it will never grow back, so you will always have to carry veneers with you on the affected teeth.
If you do not like the idea that this treatment is irreversible, there are other very similar procedures to restore a smile. Talk to us today and learn what options are available.
How to Care for Porcelain Veneers
If you’re considering getting veneers, you will have to know how to take good care of them to prolong their life. Here are some of the things you’ll have to do after getting veneers.
- Appear for regular checkups. Porcelain veneers will occasionally require a check-up by your dentist. This checkup will also include a deep-clean treatment that will help the dentist to detect any problems with them before they develop fully.
- Basic oral hygiene. With these on your teeth, you will have to make sure that you never miss brushing your teeth. You’ll have to brush at least two times a day to keep them on for long. Tooth decay is the primary reason these come off.
- Avoid hard or sticky food. Veneers are cemented on your teeth and they will have to withstand chewing every day. There is a good possibility that they might chip, loosen, or break down if you use your teeth to eat hard things or try to open bottles and other hard things with your teeth.
Apart from tooth decay, veneers can also fall off from the trauma of the mouth. So if you play sports or conduct a hard physical activity, you’ll probably want to protect these with a mouthguard.
Get your porcelain treatment today in Westmont by booking an appointment with Celebrity Smiles.