The best dentist in your area describe 5 proven tips to have a beautiful smile naturally.
Our teeth are one of our most prominent facial features. Along with performing multiple biological functions that aid in digestion, teeth carry quite a lot of aesthetic value as well. A beautiful set of straight and pearly white teeth make up for a gorgeous smile. When you smile, your facial features soften and you become a lot more attractive. If you have dental issues such as cavities, broken or misshapen teeth, you won’t be very confident about your smile and might abstain from smiling often.
This leads to low self-esteem and a more stern demeanor. Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry has brought to you a few proven tips that can help you achieve a beautiful smile naturally. So let’s read on.
- Flossing your teeth helps remove food particles and plaque from places inside your mouth where the ordinary toothbrush cannot reach. Regular flossing will save you from tooth decay and gingivitis. These are the leading causes of dental cavities and missing teeth. They are unappealing to look at and require quite a lot of remedial work if you want to fix them.
When flossing, wrap the floss around your finger and run it upside down in the gaps between your teeth. This to and fro motion will get the stuck pieces and plaque out effectively.
Consult a Dentist Every Six Months
- Regular dental checkups help in the early detection of any underlying dental problems. They are rectified then and there. Regular checkups and dental cleanings prevent the development of periodontal and orthodontic diseases such as swollen, bleeding, and receding gums. These are not only painful conditions but are also quite unappealing to look at.
Dental cleanings will keep your teeth white and shining as the dentist will remove stains and tartar from your teeth. This will ensure you have a pearly white smile to flash every now and then.
- Smoking not only causes bad breath, but it also stains your teeth and makes them appear yellow and ghastly. Dental cleanings can remove the stains but over time they are absorbed deep into the enamel which makes the stains permanent.
Smoking also affects the gums. The nicotine from the smoke causes the gums to recede and leads to the development of gaps around the teeth. As the gums start to disappear, the teeth appear longer and unshapely. The gaps around the teeth look like dark spaces which can be quite unappealing to look at. Hence, excessive and frequent smoking can ruin a set of beautiful teeth.
Moderate Consumption of Beverages
- Some beverages such as coffee, tea, and red wine have strong staining potential. Regular consumption of these beverages can stain your teeth gradually. Sometimes the stains seep in deep and can color the internal structure of your enamel. When this happens, then the stain becomes permanent.
One way to avoid staining is by drinking the beverages like red wine with a straw. This will reduce the teeth’ exposure to the beverage. Also, don’t forget to rinse and brush your teeth after consuming a colored beverage. It will drastically reduce the risk of staining.
Drink Plenty of Water
- Drinking water flushes out toxins and decay-causing food particles from your teeth. Fluoride-enriched tap water keeps the teeth healthy as fluoride fights off dental decay. Instead of loading on sugary beverages, keep a water bottle with you and drink every now and then. This will keep your teeth protected and healthy.
Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry specializes in cosmetic dentistry. They are located in Westmont, IL.