Top Dentists around you have finally revealed the many amazing benefits of porcelain veneers
Teeth are an important facial feature. Along with performing the grinding function, teeth also offer much aesthetic value. Chipped away, misshapen and broken teeth can be embarrassing for most people and can make them self-conscious to the extent that they avoid smiling altogether.
To fix these and other issues, dentists recommend using porcelain veneers. What are they and what benefits do they offer? Let’s take a look.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
- Veneers are wafer-thin chips. They are customized to fit individual teeth and are made of tooth-colored material. They help improve the appearance of teeth by changing their color, shape, size, or length. They are placed permanently over the teeth and are made from either porcelain or resin composite material. Porcelain veneers are used to address certain dental cosmetic issues such as broken, chipped, discolored, or small-than-usual teeth.
Let us take a look at the multiple benefits they offer:
- Veneers are made of porcelain which is similar to the natural color of our teeth. During the first dental appointment, the dentist takes teeth impressions and sends them to the lab where they are manufactured in accordance with the natural contour of one’s teeth. When placed over teeth, they offer a natural-looking fix for certain dental cosmetic issues.
A good dentist will sculpt each overlay in such a way that they fit perfectly and will offer a natural-looking smile. Porcelain veneers are manufactured in a way that they are in consonance with your facial cut and style. This not only makes them appear natural but gives a natural feel to them as well.
They Are Minimally Invasive
- Getting dental veneers is a minimally invasive process, especially when compared to other dental cosmetic procedures such as dental crowns. Porcelain veneers bond only to the front of the teeth whereas dental crowns and bridges have to fit over multiple teeth. Hence more enamel has to be removed to fit them in.
For placing dental veneers, the dentist will remove only ½ millimeter tooth enamel from the front of the teeth. After that, each veneer overlay is placed over individual teeth with the help of special cement. Dental veneers require little or no anesthesia. They give results as soon as they are placed over teeth.
Dental Veneers are Low Maintenance
- Dental veneers are made of stain-resistant material so they do not require a lot of maintenance. Porcelain is a non-porous material that makes them resistant to permanent stains and the development of cavities. With little effort, they will remain new and sparkly. Hence, they not only correct multiple dental cosmetic issues but also offer protection against other dental ailments.
They Offer Permanent Teeth Whitening Solution
Dental veneers not only clear existing stains but also offer a permanent teeth whitening solution. The porcelain material is highly resistant to stains that may occur due to drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes. Hence with dental veneers, you won’t have to get regular teeth whitening treatments.
- If a patient has highly discolored teeth, the dentist will recommend combining dental veneers with tooth whitening procedures. This will help get rid of tough stains and result in stunningly white teeth.
Offer Replacement for Lost Enamel
- Tooth enamel gets decayed when it comes in contact with highly acidic food. It can get chipped away due to excessive brushing or acid reflux disease as well. Loss of tooth enamel is permanent. Porcelain veneers offer a replacement for lost enamel and are aesthetically pleasing as well.
This information has been brought to you by Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry. They offer porcelain veneer placement services in Westmont, IL.