Laser Dentistry in Downers Grove & Westmont IL
Imagine a dental visit without a shot or drill. There is a new, safe dental laser technology that eliminates the need for dentists to give patients shots (Novocain) or use dental drills when giving a filling. It can also eliminate the need to use a scalpel or receive stitches during gum surgery.
Imagine never having to fear the heat or vibration often associated with the dental drill.
Imagine leaving the dentist without that numb feeling on your lips and tongue.
Now, imagine this for not just you but your children and entire family!
The dentist provides a comfortable laser dental experience. Every patient who has ever been traumatized by memories of a dental experience when they were a kid can now have a positive experience in the dental office. Your children may never need to know what a shot feels like! Your children may never need to hear the intimidating noise of a dental drill. You may never again need to feel that awful numbness of your lips, face, and tongue. No more dental phobia!
LiteTouch™ can remove all dental and oral tissues with the energy of light. The LiteTouch ™ laser allows more dental procedures to be done in a less hurtful way, safely, and anxiety-free, without postoperative complications, opening a door to non-traumatic dentistry. This results in fast healing and no need for antibiotics in most cases.
LiteTouch™ is used for cavity preparations, osseous (bone) surgery, periodontal treatment, endodontic procedures, implant recovery, peri-implantitis, and soft tissue surgery. This eliminates the need for a drill and shots during gum surgery.
Lasers have long been the standard of care in medicine for many procedures such as LASIK or hair removal. NOW benefit from the advanced technology provided by Celebrity Smiles dental office in Westmont, IL.
Advantages of a Laser:
- Your comfort. Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional drill. Since the laser cuts hard and soft tissue without heat, vibration or pressure, your dentist may be able to perform your procedure with no shots and no drill. Plus, using a laser reduces bleeding, post-operative pain and swelling, and the need for pain medication in many cases. Using a laser avoids scalpel surgery and stitches so you can heal faster with a lot less pain.
- Accuracy and Precision. A laser can remove decay in tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the human body!) while leaving the surrounding tooth unaffected.
- Reduced Trauma. High-speed drills can cause hairline fractures in teeth that can eventually lead to future dental problems. The gentle action of the laser reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth, minimizing trauma.
- Less Bleeding and Swelling. Due to its gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities the dental laser performs many procedures on gums and other soft tissues with little or no bleeding and less post-operative swelling.
What Procedures Can Be Performed with a dental laser?
- Restorative Dentistry
- Endodonics (Root Canals)
- The preferred method for treating children: No fear factor; shorter procedures; less noise; no vibrations. LiteTouch™ uses its powerful light to destroy the cavity, and your dentist doesn’t have to use the drill or give you a shot! The laser feels like a water spray in your mouth. All you hear is a slight tingling sound of the laser as it makes it way to remove tooth decay!
- Preventative Dentistry: Precise and delicate treatments; minimally invasive; enables microsurgery (pits and fissures) that preserves healthy tissue
- Friendly equipment: Well-accepted by kids. The laser resembles a space toy instead of a medical instrument which makes the experience a lot less frightening.
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Gum Surgery
Other Possible Uses Of A Laser:
- Treat Gum Disease
- Do Biopsies
- Eliminate Gummy Smiles
- Control Bleeding
- Speed Up Cold Sore Healing/Decrease Pain
- Eliminate Sensitive Teeth
Interested in Laser Dentistry in Downers Grove?
Contact us today to learn more about laser dentistry in Downers Grove, Westmont, and Oak Brook. Call (630) 971-0682.