Here’s what top dentists have to say about ‘what are porcelain veneers’
Porcelain veneers are used to improve the appearance of your teeth. They are thin, tooth-colored shells that adhere to your teeth to give a more classically shaped look. Porcelain veneers are strong and affordable so one needs not worry about the cost of getting a perfect smile. They enhance the shape, color, and size of your teeth. They can correct multiple dental issues such as damaged dental teeth, the presence of uneven gaps between teeth, and cracked teeth.
If you are afraid to smile because of the appearance of your teeth, you need not worry, because Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry has the perfect solution for you. It is one of the pioneers in the field of porcelain veneers located in Westmont, IL. Let us take a look at the multiple benefits of getting porcelain veneers.
What Is A Porcelain Veneer?
- It is a thin shell that is adhered to your teeth through a cosmetic procedure. It might not require any drilling on the teeth and is not a very long or complicated cosmetic procedure. Porcelain veneers are far more affordable and convenient than other lengthy, painful, and less durable cosmetic procedures. A picture-perfect smile is just one or two dental visits away. Many dental clinics provide the service of porcelain veneers, but one needs to look for those who are trained well.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There are many benefits of porcelain veneers, some of them are as follows:
- Correcting worn tooth enamel
- Fix Uneven tooth alignment or spacing
- Correct Tooth discoloration
- Fix Chips or cracks
- They are strong and long-lasting
- They have a natural-looking surface
- They do not stain easily
Veneers can last for more than a decade,depending on the type of veneer you choose.
How to Take Care of Your Veneers after they are Placed
- For porcelain veneers to be durable and long-lasting, it is important for you to maintain good oral hygiene. Toothpaste and mouthwashes without alcohol as well as chemically light are to be used once you get porcelain veneers. In short, once you get your porcelain veneers, you need to be very careful with their maintenance. If porcelain veneers are not looked after well, they might get damaged.
- Once veneers are cemented, you can eat and chew normally, but still, there are some things to take care of. Avoid chewing on hard objects like pens, ice, or your fingernails. Do not use your teeth to open some packaging. Chewing from your front teeth might result in damage to your porcelain veneer. Lastly, wear a mouthguard if you are playing sports.
Sometimes weak teeth structure due to multiple dental procedures can make porcelain veneers difficult to work with. Multiple fillings or root canals can make it difficult for just a thin layer of porcelain to work for your teeth. You do not need to panic as there is another solution, and that is porcelain crowns. It will not only just cover the surface of the teeth but will provide extra stability to the teeth and work best to improve the aesthetics of your smile.
Porcelain Veneers are the best possible solution to help fix cosmetic dental issues. A picture-perfect smile is just a visit or two away. They will not only improve the appearance of your teeth but will also increase your self-confidence.
Visit Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry today and seize the world with your flawless smile!