Dental Implants in Westmont IL
Are your missing teeth or dentures making you miserable? Celebrity Smiles provides dental implants in Westmont IL to help restore your happy smile! Here are the most important things you need to know about implants.
Whether you lost a tooth or have a denture that wiggles and wobbles, we can give you permanent teeth in a day by using dental implants. Celebrity Smiles same-day dental implant tooth replacement means that no one has to be embarrassed, go without a tooth, or put up with loose dentures any longer.
Celebrity Smiles are confident that dental implants are the preferred way to replace missing teeth because we have seen the results on hundreds of patients for the past 25 years. All dental implants are not of the same quality, and all dentists do not have the same training and experience in this area.
- An implant is a biocompatible titanium rod placed into the jaw. It sounds painful, but the bone does not have nerve endings. Most of our patients say that they had more discomfort following an extraction than having an implant placed. The implant integrates with the bone to create a solid base for a replacement tooth. A crown tops the implant to create a restoration that looks and performs just like your natural tooth. Our team can place an implant and a temporary crown the same day, allowing you to get on with your life without much inconvenience.
What are The Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the more preferred way of replacing lost teeth as they offer the following benefits:
1. They Prevent Bone Loss
- The loss of a tooth results in the gradual deterioration of bone mass in the jaw. Due to this, the jawbone loses its source of stimulation which is necessary to maintain its mass. Dental implants mimic the stimulation properties of teeth and keep the jawbone intact.
2. They Don’t Stand Out
- Dental implants are tailor-made to match your teeth’s natural size and color. They fit in perfectly with the remaining teeth and do not draw attention. Skilled dentists will help you find a dental implant that is the perfect match for your teeth.
3. They Restore The Biting Action of The Tooth
- Dental implants mimic the biting action of the tooth perfectly. Since they are placed into your jaw with a titanium post, they anchor in deeply and restore the biting force of the teeth. This helps in easy digestion of the food.
Add Value and Improve Quality of Your Life
Dental implants are excellent substitutes for natural teeth. They add much value to your life as they give you the confidence to smile freely and be confident in your everyday life. Dental implants also give you the freedom to eat all types of foods as they replicate the natural functioning of teeth very well.
They offer more convenience compared to dentures in the following ways:
- No messy adhesives are needed for keeping implants in place.
- No need for unappealing metal clasps which are common for holding partial dentures.
- They are permanently fixed and do not need to be taken out.
What To Expect After Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implant surgery requires the alteration of the natural state of bone and gum in the mouth to make space for the implant. Like all other dental procedures, you will experience some discomfort after undergoing dental implant surgery. The following discomforts are expected:
- Bleeding is expected during the first 24-48 hours. Under normal circumstances, you should experience only a few trickles and minor spotting. Bleeding should subside after 48 hours. If you feel that the gauze is becoming loose, then insert pressure on it by biting down on the gauze. This will alleviate the bleeding.
A dental implant is a major oral operation and disrupts the delicate mass of the jawbone. Hence, pain is expected and is an unfortunate consequence of the surgery. The good thing is that the pain is manageable. Your dentist will recommend painkillers and NSAIDs for managing the pain.
- Don’t forget to take them as per the prescription.
Swelling and inflammation are expected around the mouth, eyes, and cheeks. Swelling lasts for 2-4 days post the surgery. Medicines that contain codeine or caffeine help in combating swelling. If swelling persists, it can be an indicator of dental infection.
Some precautions should be taken after the surgery for quick recovery. These precautions include making a few changes to the overall lifestyle such as:
- Eat healthy and soft food
- Practice dental hygiene
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise
- Quit smoking for a while
Dental implants can also be used in conjunction with dentures for a secure fit. The patient snaps the denture into place for a much stronger fit than any denture adhesive can offer. The denture is removed daily by the patient for cleaning. Two to four implants are usually necessary to provide comfort, stability, and reduce wiggling.
Dental implants are long-lasting replacements for natural teeth. Our office uses the best quality, time-tested implants, and works closely with a few select premier surgeons in the Chicago area in order to provide the highest possible success rate.
Celebrity Smiles understands that everyone’s dental situation is different. When you schedule a consultation at his office, he will thoroughly examine your mouth, listen to your desires, and then present the best options to you.
We do offer Dental Implant financing as well.