Clear Aligners & Invisalign in Westmont IL
Celebrity Smiles and General Dentistry provides Invisalign in Westmont IL as an alternative to wire braces.
When a dentist recommends the use of braces, the first thing comes to mind is the dreaded picture of living your life with a mouth full of metal and wires for a few years. Fortunately, modern dentistry has come up with many different options when it comes to straightening the teeth and achieving a more beautiful smile.
Nowadays, there are braces that are clear and braces that go straight at the back of the teeth, and then there are Invisalign braces which are an invisible alternative to traditional braces. But what works best for you depends on a number of different factors such as how much work needs to be done on your teeth, and what is your budget. While metallic braces are a nuisance for some people, others may have no problems wearing them.
Invisalign aligners, the modern alternative to metal braces, are plastic aligners that straighten your teeth without making your mouth appear aesthetically unpleasing.
Here are a number of different reasons why Invisalign braces, sometimes more expensive, are worth the cost.
They Are Barely Noticeable
- One of the biggest reasons why Invisalign is in popular demand is because they are transparent, near-invisible braces that are not noticeable to casual observers. Whether you are an adult, a teen, or a college-going student, you’ll love the fact that you can flaunt a smile anytime with Invisalign on.
The transparent braces are also softer on the mouth with no wires attached, meaning that you will never feel the discomfort you would otherwise with traditional braces.
You Can Eat or Drink Whatever You Like
- Since metal braces are permanently attached to your teeth, there are certain foods and drinks that you cannot consume while you are being treated. Food like chewing gum, sticky candy, and other things that stuck easily to the teeth must be avoided at all costs when you wear braces.
With Invisalign however, you can enjoy drinking and eating anything you want since they are easily removable and you can remove them when you want to enjoy a good meal or a drink.
They Are Easier To Maintain
- Wearing braces does not mean that you can ignore oral hygiene practices. Since you’ll have to continue with daily brushing and flossing, wearing metal braces can make it really tough to follow this routine.
- Moreover, food particles and other stuff can easily get caught in the metal wires and the teeth, making it hard to fully clean your mouth. People wearing traditional braces are at a higher risk of getting cavities and gum problems during their treatment.
With Invisalign, you can clean your teeth fully since every time you brush and floss your teeth, you can remove these braces and set them aside to get the job done. Moreover, you can also clean the invisible braces to further prevent cavities and gum problems, something which is not possible with metal braces.
Overall Treatment Time is Shorter
- While it varies from patient to patient, straightening your teeth with Invisalign is quicker than other kinds of same treatments. This is because the dentist will give you a set of new invisible aligners every two to three weeks which means that they will have better control over how much force has to be applied on the teeth.
But this isn’t the same when the patient is a teenager because their teeth do a lot of shifting and growing.
During the treatment, the orthodontist will use modern 3D technology to map out every stage of the treatment. This will give you a very good idea about what to expect every step of the way.
Invisalign Aligners Have Special Features
- Since you’ll have to wear Invisalign aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day, the manufacturers have added a special feature to help you determine whether you have been wearing them enough. The braces feature compliance indicators that fade from blue color to white to help patients know if they have worn the braces for long enough.
If you do not spend enough time wearing Invisalign braces, you will end up extending the time of the treatment. You will also have to thoroughly clean the braces every morning alongside your morning oral hygiene routine.
Is Invisalign For You?
- While there are many benefits of wearing Invisalign aligners for orthodontic treatment, it may not be suitable for you. In order to make sure that these invisible braces are good for you, you need to make sure to schedule an appointment with a trusted orthodontic provider and discuss your options and see what works best for you.
During this consultation period, you can also inquire about cost and insurance coverage.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
- Since Invisalign is a more expensive option than traditional braces, you may wonder if your insurance covers it. As of 2018, most dental insurance covers between $500 to $1,500 of the total cost of Invisalign under the orthodontic coverage. But this isn’t true for all insurance coverage.
Some insurance coverage may only cover between 25% and 50% of the total cost of the treatment. This includes all major PPO insurance plans such as Delta Dental, Cigna, AETNA, Metlife, Assurant, Guardian, United Healthcare, etc.
The best way to find out about your Orthodontic insurance policy is to talk to the dentist during the consultation, or calling and speaking to your dental insurance provider directly.
Need to know more about Invisalign in Westmont IL? Call us (630) 971-0682 or use our contact form to get in touch!